Pumping for PE
Using a penis pump consists of placing your penis into a tube in which a pump is used to remove all air from the tube creating a vacuum. What this does is simply put a pressure on your penis that causes the blood to flow into your penis and expand it.
How Do I Use The Penis Pump?
- Begin by familiarizing yourself with the pump, learn about all the features and read all instructions that it comes with.
- Do not ejaculate prior to using in order to maintain the firmest erection possible, make sure you are always fully hard when using a pump.
- Keep your pubic hair short or completely shaven.
- Warm the penis up by either a hot towel, heating pad, or warm water. Also Massage the penis and scrotum for 3-5 minutes before use.
- Use a water-based lubricant in order to form an adequate seal.
- Place your fully erect penis into the tube.
- Gradually start pumping the mechanism until a gentle suction is felt.
- You should never feel any pain or discomfort. If you do then immediately release pressure and rest for 48 hours.
- If you are a beginner then keep the pump on for 10 minutes then remove and massage the penis. Relubricate and pump for another 10 minutes. After a few days you can work up to 2 15 minutes sessions and then gradually increase the pressure as you get experienced and used to the pump.
- Massage the penis when done and wash and urinate after the session.
Make sure this is the last thing you do each day of the program. We recommend gradually working up to using at least every other day
Is There Any Scientific Proof For Pumping?
Yes… and here it is.
Scientific Study On Penis Pumps
To assess the efficacy of vacuum therapy in mechanically straightening the penile curvature of Peyronie’s disease (PD).
Modelling of the tunica albuginea has been shown to be possible during penile implant surgery and this principle has been applied as an alternative conservative therapy. In all, 31 patients with PD (mean duration 9.9 months; mean age 51 years, range 24–71) completed the study. Over a 12-week period, the patients used a vacuum device (Osbon ErecAid®, MediPlus, High Wycombe, UK) for 10 min twice daily. The assessment at study entry and at completion after 12 weeks included the International Index of Erectile Function questionnaire, a perceived pain intensity score, stretched penile length measurement and the angle of penile deformity after an intracavernous injection with prostaglandin E1.
There was a clinically and statistically significant improvement in penile length, angle of curvature and pain after 12 weeks of using the vacuum pump. Of the 31 patients, 21 had a reduction in the angle of curvature by 5–25°, three had worsening of the curvature and there was no change in the remaining seven. The curvature was corrected surgically in 15 patients while the remaining 16 (51%) were satisfied with the outcome.
Vacuum therapy can improve or stabilize the curvature of PD, is safe to use in all stages of the disease, and might reduce the number of patients going on to surgery.
Accepted for publication 27 November 2009
Want To Buy A Penis Pump?
Check out our reviews on penis pumps here.